When looking for delicious vegan recipes, we are often faced with the challenge of finding a recipe that is easy to make and also, makes sense. Now, this recipe is 100% vegan and it's got 1 main ingredient that will throw you off. However, we promise you it will not taste weird when the recipe is fully prepared and ready to serve. And when you drizzle our Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl Pecan Nut Butter, you are only going to savor exactly how delicious this nut butter really is!
Huge thank you to Vegan Food Lover.com for the recipe! Let us know what you think!
Prep time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hours and 15 minutes
- 2 cup frozen white kidney beans (drained and rinsed beforehand)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup pecans
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt 1 tbsp vegan margarine in a frying pan, toss in pecans, and sauté until lightly browned – about 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Add all ingredients except pecans to a food processor and process until smooth. Add pecans and pulse a few times until the nuts are chopped and incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe dish, cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, drizzle our pecan nut butter and add a few roasted pecans on top. You can even add sliced bananas for additional taste (add chocolate sauce, non-dairy whip cream and a cherry on top and you have yourself a vegan sundae!).
This ice cream is best when eaten fresh within the first few days; however, it will last in the freezer for more than a week.
If the ice cream has been in the freezer for a long time, you may need to let it defrost for 5 to 10 minutes before scooping. Using a metal scoop submerged in hot water helps.
If the thought of using white beans is just too weird for you, you can use soaked raw cashews instead.
The prep time and total time are just approximations. The time it takes to freeze the bananas and beans was not taken into consideration, and we recommend doing the night before in Tupperware containers.