These Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl Crepes will have you go absolute nuts over making crepes for an easy, quick and healthy snack, brunch or breakfast item!
Ready to get ready? Scoot on over to the nearest Whole Foods or healthy grocery store, order some of our delicious Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl Pecan Butter and away we go!
Ingredients - CREPE BATTER
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour (even almond flour will work)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted refined coconut or avocado oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup sparkling water OR regular water
- 2-4 tablespoons vegan butter, for the pan
- 2-3 bananas sliced, for serving
- handful of fresh blueberries, for serving
- Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl Pecan Butter to drizzle on top and spread on the inside of the crepe
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt. Now add the oil, non-dairy milk and sparkling water OR regular water (sparkling water makes them even lighter, but is not necessary). Whisk well until smooth and well combined.
Heat a medium sized, non-stick pan to medium heat. Once hot, add a tablespoon or two of vegan butter to the pan. Once melted, add about 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan. Immediately pick up the pan and rotate it to move the batter into a thin circle.
Cook until the top looks fairly dry, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip the crepe over and cook for 30 seconds on the other side. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Once completed, spread our pecan nut butter on a crepe and either roll up or fold over. Stack a few on top of each other and drizzle more of our delicious pecan nut butter on top! Add sliced bananas and caramel sauce for an additional treat.