No joke, these are absolutely amazing and you are going to need a waffle maker. Ready? You betcha!
First, be sure you have a jar of our Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl Pecan Nut Butter because this is what makes this recipe. And secondly, we want to thank the ladies over at LayersOfHappiness.com for the recipe. According to those ladies, these waffles should taste like Pecan Banana Nut Bread. We assure you that by adding our Pecan Nut Butter......it will be a "wow" moment for your taste buds.
You are going to need all these ingredients:
- 1 cup pecans, halved
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons applesauce
- 2 large ripe bananas, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl Pecan Nut Butter - Need some? Get some: http://bit.ly/pecannutbutter
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions and preheat oven to 225F degrees.
- In a small skillet, toast pecans over medium heat until you can smell the nuts. Be careful not to burn them.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk, melted coconut oil, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar. Slowly stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened – lumps are okay. Fold the banana pieces and pecans into the batter.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto each section of the grid rather than placing it in the middle. The grids should be full but not overflowing, or the batter will seep out the sides of the iron when the top is closed. Bake until the waffle is golden, about 6 minutes, depending on the iron. Carefully lift the lid; if the waffles resist at all, they need a bit more cooking time. Transfer the waffle to an oven rack to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter. Don’t forget to degrease waffle iron in between each batch.
- Keep waffles warm in preheated oven. Serve with the extra toasted pecans, banana slices, whipped butter, warmed maple syrup AND drizzle our Pecan Butter all over.....
- Prepare to enter "waffle heaven."